Un Mes En America Central

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Arenal

Right now, I'm in a town called La Fortuna, which is at the base of a volcano called Arenal. We're on a three day weekend, and I'm traveling with three of my classmates. Yesterday, we rented a car and drove up here (about a 5 hour drive). We spent some time doing a rainforest flora/fauna tour (very hands on with frogs, snakes, lizards, butterflies, etc) and then enjoyed a night at the Hot Springs. AAHHHH......mucho, uh, relaxation-o (apparently I need much more schooling in the Spanish).
Anyway, the town is really cool, so I'm not sure if we will leave tomorrow or today. When we do leave, we are going to travel down to Monteverde for more rainforest exploration (canopy tours, ziplines, etc).

It's Sunday AM right now. This AM, got up earlier than my friends and headed out to the ATM. While walking, I heard this music that I figured was most likely coming from some local band. To my surprise, I found that it was coming from this open-sided building off in a field.....a church! HMMM.....this looks interesting. Long story short--I ended up attending a church service that was absolutely amazing. I don't really have time to go into all the details, but I was completely blown away by the "presence of God" felt in that place. Yea, I don't really know any other way to explain it. Very emotional...very powerful. Really.....amazing.
So my trip to the bank ended up being a trip to church. It was a nice change, being that sometimes it feels like the other way around.

Better head back to the cabina to see what everyone wants to do today.
Hasta.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Domingo, 5:00 P.M., Abril 30, 2006

Buenas Tardes, Yason,

Your experience this morning at the little church sounded marvelous! Was it just a small protestante iglesia? Did you share communion with them? Si,
God's power is not limited to any geographic area.:) How exciting!
We'll look forward to hearing more details later.

Dios te bendiga, mi hijo.
Tu Madre/Evita

4/30/2006 3:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home