Un Mes En America Central

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Hola mis amigos (y familia).
I´m back in Tamarindo from the weekend of travel, and all is well. After leaving Arenal, my friends and I headed to Monteverde to visit the rainforest via zipline. It was certainly a good time and a great weekend overall.
BUT NOW I HAVE MOVED!!!!!!
Yep, living at the beach was great, and I certainly enjoyed hanging out with the people in the house......BUT.....I felt like I really needed to immerse myself in Spanish to truly learn. So, I have moved to Santa Rosa. Santa Rosa is a small town about 8km from Tamarindo, and I am now living with a host family. Actually, I am living with the Gutierrez family. I arrived last night, and, so far, all is well there. I have my own room and bathroom, and the room even has AC (swamp cooler that sort of works) and an old TV (all channels in Spanish, of course). BUT, it is great! AND, perhaps the best part is......Duee to the mango tree in the yard, I CAN EAT MANGOS UNTIL MY HEART IS CONTENT!!!!!! Yea, they seem pretty nice, and the town is very small and quiet which should lend itself to much reading, study, and Spanish immersion.

So that is about it from Tamarindo. I think I will do a bit of studying and swimming before catching the bus back to Santa Rosa. My goal is to catch the right bus and avoid ending up in Nicaragua.

Yason

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miercoles, 11:00 A.M., Mayo 3, 2006

Buenas Dias, Yason!!!!:)

Magnifico! (Is that Spanish or Italian?:) Anyway, you must be muy feliz! Your new casa sounds just excellent with a host familia.
Si?:) Si!:) Escribe mas! Are you still in Costa Rica or Nicaragua?:)
ha!

Tu Madre/Evita

5/03/2006 8:59 AM

 
Blogger bansheewigs said...

nueve casa es muy bueno! me gusta! cha cha! i think that was very wise, and i'm sure you'll benefit from the new experience. steph g

5/04/2006 12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home