Un Mes En America Central

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Big Night Out

In my last post, I wrote about the great accommodations at my new place in Santa Rosa. Nothing has changed. BUT, I do have one single complaint, and that is that there is very little conversation. Like I said, the people are very friendly, but they are very reserved and "say" very little. Being as though I am there to speak/hear Spanish, that creates a bit of a problem.

So last night after dinner (very short, albeit VERY good, dinner), the family headed to their room to watch the news for the rest of the night. I figured that since the TV is in their room and that they probably wouldn't want an extra buddy with whom to snuggle, I should probably not watch the news with them. Anyway, I headed out in Santa Rosa looking for some action (i.e. interaction). Long story short, I ended up in the grocery store talking with a guy who works there. He invited my back to his house, where I spent the evening hanging with his family. It was a good time had by all (OK at least me), and I petitioned the school to allow me to move to "that" house. Unfortunately, that didn't work out, by I AM going to move to a neighbors house on Sunday. I'm trying to do this diplomatically without offending the current family.....hopefully everything will work out OK. The new family lives two doors down from the family from last night and are supposed to be very similar in their enthusiasm/interaction. Also, they have a little boy, so maybe my Spanish will be up to a 4 year old level....maybe.
Other than that, things are pretty status quo around here. More swimming in the ocean yesterday, but so far, no surfing. Not sure if that is going to happen or not. We'll see how it goes.


That's about it from Tamarindo. I'm off to the coffee shop for a bit of studying.

1 Comments:

Blogger bansheewigs said...

hmm... no te gusta old familia? aye chihuahua!

5/04/2006 12:24 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home