Un Mes En America Central

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Another Day In Paradise

Yep, although it's the rainy season, there has been NO sign of moisture. It's actually very hot/sunny today, so the thought of rain is quite appealing. BUT who's complaining?
I think things are going to work out GREAT with the new fam. I went over to their place last night and spent some time hanging out with them. Yenci and Gorge (not sure of the apellido...last name) and their 4 year old son named Andreas. Actually they are a lot of fun, so it should be a great two weeks with them.
Also, I tried to tell my current family this AM that I wouldn't be living with them after Sunday. On my end, there was certainly an attempt to be as tactful as possible, but who knows what the "word on the street" is. It's a very small town. They ALL know each other, and they ALL talk. Oh well, in the end, I figured that the POTENTIAL offense was outweighed by the TWO WEEK experience. After all, I AM here to learn. HMMMMM......I AM going to miss those Mangos though.
One more day of class this week....not sure what the weekend will consist of. The new family invited my to the beach with them, but we'll see.

PURA VIDA

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jueves, Mayo 4, 2006, 10:30 P.M.

Hola, Yason!:)

Como estas? Tiene usted hambre para mangos? Si?:)

Estoy muy cansada. Es muy tarde.

Will your host familia lose mas dinero? Could you compensate them in some way? Do they understand
that you need more conversacion?

Buenos Noches,
Tu Madre/Evita:)

5/04/2006 8:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home