Un Mes En America Central

Friday, May 05, 2006

Two Weeks Down

Well, another week is complete, so I suppose I have officially hit the half way point. To be quite honest, this kind of "bums me out". Yea, life here is pretty good, and I'm really enjoying the language study. I just enjoyed a light lunch on the beach, so I figured I would BLOG a bit. I was was also thinking about my education. Although I haven't really learned any new topics, I feel like my Spanish has improved greatly. The first day of class, I basically understood NOTHING the teacher was saying. Since the classes are taught completely in Spanish, this was pretty overwhelming. After a couple of weeks, although I don't understand "every word", I am able to follow what's going on. Also, when I talk to people around town, etc., I am generally able to understand and communicate. The other night, I sat and talked with one of my neighbors for about an hour in Spanish. Now, we certainly weren't discussing the intricacies of the universe, but hey, it was a conversation none the less. QUE BUENO!!!! Anyway, I am certainly learning, and right now, I'm wishing I was here for another few months.
HMMM.....who knows when I will return, but it may be in the "not so distant" future.

Another weekend is upon us. No major travel plans as of yet, but I think I will spend a day or so in a nearby town called Santa Cruz. It's about an hour by bus, and I need to head up there to get a police report (from the great Tamarindo heist of 04......April, that is). I'm thinking I will spend a night and check out the town a bit, and I'll probably be accompanied by a friend or two from the school. Anyway, I hear it is pretty much American-free, so it should be a good experience.

Que tengan un buen fin de semana!!!
PURA VIDA

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friday Eve, 9:30 P.M., in Atlanta
Miercoles Noche
Hola, Yason,:)
I'm trying to get ready to travel manana! It always takes me so long to finish laundry, and pack.
Of course, I cleaned la casa tambien.:) Porque? No se!:)
Vaya usted a la iglesia pronto?
Sabbado? Domingo?
Dios te bendiga! Adios, mi hijo.
Tu Madre/Evita:)

5/05/2006 7:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S.

Lo siento mucho, Yason!:)

Friday es "viernes."
Wednesday es "miercoles."

Mi Espanol es poquito!
Tu Madre/Evita:)

5/05/2006 7:36 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Domingo, Mayo 7, 2006, 9:00 A.M.
in Jackson, Tenn.

Buenas Dias, Yason!

Es Domingo, y tiempo to be "On the Road Again!" I'm just starting to drive to Branson, MO., where I will meet Aunt Bev for dinner.
I will spend the night at her timeshare. I'll drive up to Bolivar, MO., to begin caregiving tambien manana. Pray, por favor.:)

Yo te amo.
Tu Madre/Evita:)

5/07/2006 8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home