Un Mes En America Central

Monday, May 08, 2006

A Weekend in Santa Cruz

It's Monday, and I am about to begin week #3. The weekend went pretty well. I ended up going to a town just north of here called Santa Cruz. It is a medium sized town and is about 1.5 hours by bus. I think I may have mentioned it before, but I had to go up there to get a police report from the GREAT TAMARINDO HEIST OF 04 (April, that is). Anyway, I went up there with a couple of friends from the school on Sat. AM, and we stayed up there until Sunday AM. Overall a good time. We were certainly the only "non-locals" in town, so it was a nice change from "Tamagringo". Also, on Sat. night, we met up with one of the teachers from the school, so that was fun. Interesting thing about Santa Cruz?.........LOTS of Chinese people! SO, lots of Chinese restaurants, etc. Interesting.

Other than that, I have moved again, and hopefully it will be the last time. Yea, I left the comforts of my air conditioned room with the TV to spend last night wondering why roosters don't sleep. Wow, those are some LOUD animals, especially when they are RIGHT outside the window. Oh well, I suppose a little sleep is a small sacrifice to make. The new family is great, and I think it will be a good experience. In fact, it already is. hmmmm.....maybe I'll forsake my vegetarian ways to just get rid of a few roosters.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home